BREAKING UPDATE: The 6th Circuit Court of Appeals has dissolved the stay of what has become commonly referred to as OSHA’s “Vaccine ETS”. OSHA has announced all requirements except testing must be in compliance by January 10, 2022 and testing by Feb 9, 2022. Read on to find out how this applies to your company and how you can become compliant quickly.
On Thursday, November 4th, OSHA announced a new Emergency Temporary Standard on Vaccination and Testing. You’ve probably seen extensive coverage of the ETS but here’s a brief summary and what Harness Software is doing to help clients adhere & avoid citations.
Among other things, the ETS states that all employers with 100 or more employees must:
- Establish, implement, and enforce a policy allowing employees to elect either to get vaccinated or to undergo weekly COVID-19 testing and wear a face covering at the workplace.
- Determine the vaccination status of each employee, obtain acceptable proof of vaccination from vaccinated employees, maintain records of each employee’s vaccination status, and maintain a roster of each employee’s vaccination status.
- Make certain records available for examination and copying to an employee (and to anyone having written authorized consent of that employee) or an employee representative.
Employers must adhere to this standard within 30 days (depending on court injunctions) or risk significant OSHA fines. Here’s a link to the full FAQ’s on the ETS
Harness Software is making compliance quick and easy for you with a Vaccination Status Form.
Watch A demo of the form below!
What YOU need to do:
- Determine your company’s requirements based on employee numbers
- Start collecting employee information daily until your entire workforce is accounted for
Don’t wait for the court cases to settle. Start planning your compliance now, and don’t be caught off guard.
Harness Software makes no judgments on whether vaccine mandates are right or not. We only want to ensure your company is prepared.
Find out more about how Harness can help by booking a demo today.